14 October, 2011

DAY 14 - Old Trunk

The 24 Things Clearing Challenge 
encourages you to make room in your home, heart, and mind to create an inspired future

When thinking through possible ideas for this 24 Day Challenge, one item that I was sure I wanted to tackle was my old trunk. I've had this plain, black trunk since I went to college... I know because a note that my dad wrote me on my 18th birthday is stuck inside, gently teasing me with memories of my 18-year-old self.

But in a slight disappointment, when I pulled the trunk out from its tucked away spot in the back of my closet... it was empty, (save for 2 blankets). I guess I must've cleaned it out some time ago, although I don't remember doing it. I thought it was full of items, but wasn't exactly sure what those items were. And that was part of what I was looking forward to when cleaning it out and letting things go. I hope my past self enjoyed that as much as my present self was going to.

The results of today's letting go: realizing that sometimes I'm actually more on top of things than I might've thought; and also realizing that I really enjoy letting things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment