05 October, 2011

DAY 5 - Medicine Cabinet

The 24 Things Clearing Challenge 
encourages you to make room in your home, heart, and mind to create an inspired future

My husband and I have differing opinions on whether expiration dates on medicine mean that they're just less potent/effective from that point on, or whether they mean you should stop taking them after that date so they can't possibly make you sick (like spoiled milk). But I suppose since I was the one cleaning out the medicine cabinet, my opinion wins! (Isn't that how it goes?)

Today I cleaned out our 4-shelved medicine cabinet, a wicker shelving unit in the corner, and the "area under the sink where random stuff ends up". And it made me feel very uncluttered and satisfied. There were things in there we definitely didn't need... a bottle of camomile lotion that expired 09/2004 and some curly hair product that I've never used, among many others.

An added benefit to the cleaning: I was able to fit everything we wanted to keep into the cabinet or in two small baskets under the sink so that I could remove the wicker shelving unit from the corner to make room for... my daughter's new potty! Yes, we're starting the all-important potty training. So far, she doesn't really like to sit on it in the bathroom; but she does like to pull the whole thing out into the middle of the living room, sit on it there, and read books to herself. Baby steps.

The results of today's letting go: being able to find everything I need quickly and easily, getting rid of products that took up space and caused clutter; creating space for something that will help my little girl grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment