14 November, 2011

Dear Jill


Today I'm sending a special thanks to Jill. I first met Jill when she was an intern at the theatre where I work; because she is smart and funny and very capable, she quickly moved a couple rungs up the ladder and we got to work together for a few years. I adore her sense of humor and I miss it around the office, now that she's transitioned into a job in the opera world. But we both put our energies into becoming "real" friends (not just "work" friends) and I'm so glad I still get to hang out with her every so often.

I think when you become an adult making friends can be a lot harder than when you're a kid. It's somehow not cool to just go up to someone and say, "Hey, I think you're neat. Wanna be friends?" But I feel like that's kinda what Jill and I did to each other - and thank goodness, 'cause she's a really neat lady friend. I feel very lucky that our paths crossed. And luckier that we made the extra effort to get lunches together and go out for coffee or drinks, to surpass the levels of Work Associate and head into the deep world of True Friendship.

To Jill: thanks for being a truly lovely person and a great friend... I'm so glad we met and I'm looking forward to many more years of laughter and stories to come.

30 DAYS OF THX project inspired by ThxThxThx (#30daysofthx)

No comments:

Post a Comment